Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sign Spinner



I worked my first gig as a sign spinner today - or a "human directional" as it's known in the industry. I only worked for two hours, but man, it's harder than you think.

My arms got really tired just holding the sign up for that length of time. Then, I was supposed to "spin" the thing too - the sign was supposed to be moving constantly. That's hard work. Not to mention standing in practically the same spot the whole time. I don't know how people do it for more than a couple of hours at a time. Maybe you get used to it.

The good thing is that I got some Chinese studying in. I brought my MP3 player with me & listened to a couple of lessons while I was honing my spinning skills. At my next gig, maybe I'll bring a book-on-tape with me.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I have always thought it looked hard! at least it wasn't 110 degrees out!