Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Monday, November 10, 2008

All Souls Procession

I went to the All Souls Procession in Tucson yesterday.I had been wanting to go for several years, but never got around to it. The procession is an outcropping of the traditional Day of the Dead celebration, which stems from Latino culture, but is becoming more & more popular among Anglos in the US, especially in areas with large Latino populations.

It was fun to watch all the people going by all dressed up in their best skeletal forms. But it looks like the best part was probably the fire show at the end, which we missed in favor of eating since we were all very hungry.

I guess I'll just have to go back next year.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I saw this once when I was vacationing in Mexico totally by accident. Very interesting. I'll go with you next year if you go again!