Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Location Independence

For the past couple of years, I've been trying to find a way to become "location independent", able to move about the planet freely without the shackles of a conventional life. Since I'm not independently wealthy, however, I have to find a way to make money while I'm flitting around the globe.

I've come a long way to realizing this dream. Teaching English as a second language allows me to go just about anywhere in the world to live & work for a year or two at a time. When my contract ends, I can just pick up & move to the next location. How awesome is that?

I've recently been reading about people who are truly location independent, real nomads traveling for a living as freelance writers, online tutors, & document translators. I wonder if I could do that too.

2 comments:

scott said...

A co-worker of mine knows i have a catamaran and started bringing in Sail magazine to work for me. A lot of the stories are about people whose homes are their boats. They travel the world taking their home with them! And are able to do so harnessing only wind power. How cool is that?!

Nancy Lewis said...

SO cool. I knew a guy who lived on a boat off the coast of Mexico for ten years. The only reason he came ashore is because his boat sank. Details unclear.