Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sleeping In

I'm tired. All of this mountain hopping has worn me out. I thought this was supposed to get easier the more I did it, but yesterday morning my legs were like lead as I climbed Camelback at 6:30am. It could have something to do with the insanely early hour that I've been wrenching myself out of bed in the mornings.

So I decided to give myself a little break. I was planning on sleeping in this morning with little hope that I would actually be able to do it since I've gotten up so early all week long. But, happy day! I was able to sleep until 9:00am. I guess I really did need the break.

3 comments:

joe said...

Ha! Nancy, I think the reason you're so tired is that you hiked to the top of Camelback THREE TIMES last week! Jeez! I mean come on, yes hiking itself does get easier over time- but you're gonna be exhausted after 3 hikes! Camelback is no cake walk.

Good for you! (By the way, do you really consider 9:00am sleeping in?)

Nancy Lewis said...

Au contraire, amigo, I hiked up that mole hill FIVE times last week. & I'll do it again next week, but with a pack on my back. I think I'll have to get up a half hour earlier for that, though. Yuck.

Unknown said...

With your pack?! Great, now I'm not going to be able to keep up with you again. I guess I should have carried rocks up Humpreys with me yesterday.