Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Caterpillar or Butterfly?


They say that to become a butterfly, you must want it so badly that you're willing to give up being a caterpillar.

This new project is exciting, but still it's scary. I find myself coming across things in the backs of closets that I have held on to for many years. Even though it's just for a second, I notice the inner conflict. I want to get rid of it because of the new direction that I've chosen, my butterfly self. But in doing so, I would be getting rid of a little part of me, my caterpillar self. I'm not a very sentimental person, though some things do affect me more than others. Being able to give my things to people that I love makes parting with them that much easier.

It may be more difficult to part with things non-material. I haven't gotten to that stage of the metamorphosis yet, so I don't really know how it will unfold. I'm not sure how I will react to letting go of my house, my business, the "comforts" of this path. But I think that I want the other path, the butterfly path, enough to be able to give up being a caterpillar.

No comments: