Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Business of the Business

Many people are wondering what will become of The Spanish Place, my Spanish language school, if I high-tail it out of here. For me, this is a dream come true. I have spent a lot of time & energy creating this place, where adults can learn Spanish in a friendly, collaborative environment. No tests, no homework, no pressure. The present incarnation of the studio comes pretty darn close to my original vision. Mission Accomplished.

So now what? Although change is inevitable, I don't want to close the doors of the studio, not only because of the energy that I have put into it, but also because of the increasingly positive energy that comes out of it. I would really like to find a way to keep the studio open while I'm away, whether that means hiring someone to manage the place, or selling it to someone who will maintain the philosophy it was built on. Perhaps this person could add their own vision to make The Spanish Place even better.

This is just one aspect of my current challenge: to let go of my attachments in a mindful way, not just willy nilly. This is one of the reasons that I have set a one-year time frame. I don't want to toss away my former life, just reorganize it. & for that, I will need some time.

No comments: