Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Monday, March 2, 2009

Sedona Film Festival

I had a great weekend at the Sedona International Film Festival!

Michael & I drove up to Sedona Saturday afternoon, after my class, & made it just in time to see a 6:30pm film. After the first movie, we dined at the Red Planet Diner. Michael chose liver & onions, & I had a veggie burger. We watched a second movie afterwards, & then headed out to the Super 8 in Cottonwood for the night.

On Sunday, we got up lazily, & fortified ourselves with the free continental breakfast (read: bagels & coffee) at the hotel. Then we drove back to Sedona to see two more movies that afternoon, in between which we stopped at Java Love Cafe for some really yummy earl grey tea.

After the second movie of the day, we took a break to eat at D'Lish, where I had a quinoa burger (beware the Veganaise!), & Michael had a tasty bowl of vegan chili. I bought a T-shirt there to add to my collection. (Hm, how am I going to fit this into my 100 things?)

We decided to take advantage of the break between movies to check out the Chapel of the Holy Cross. Unfortunately it was already closed by the time we got there, so we turned around & headed down Schnebly Hill Road instead. We didn't have much time, so we stopped at one of the first trailheads to take a look around. The sun was setting & the views were really beautiful.

Finally, we went back to the movie theater for our fifth & final movie of the weekend before heading home. We made it back to Phoenix at around 11:00pm. After all that sitting in the movie theater & the long drive back home, my butt was sore! But I was so glad that we went.

To see more on the movies that we saw, see my movie blog.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

wow, sounds totally cool. Jealous that i missed it!