Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Life: An Update

I've found that many people seem surprised, confused, & sometimes shocked at my current state of affairs. So I figured it was time for an update.

Job
I'm closing The Spanish Place this week. March 26th is the last day. Then I'm selling off everything in a sale on April 11-12 in hopes of raising some money for my trip to Oaxaca at the end of April. Feel free to stop by between 10:00am & 5:00pm either day to contribute to the fund raising efforts.

Trip to Oaxaca, Mexico
I'm leaving for Mexico on April 19th. Originally this was a vacation, & it still is, but I will also be checking out the job market while I'm there. I hope to get a job teaching English in Oaxaca or maybe Cuernavaca. Either way, I'll return to Phoenix on April 28th. If I do get a job, I'll pack up my remaining goods & move to Mexico. If I don't, I'll think of a Plan B, which may include teaching English in Argentina, Guatemala, Costa Rica, or even China. But I almost certainly will be leaving Phoenix for good very soon.

100 Thing Challenge
I've been spending much of my spare time scanning old photos, journals, & memorabilia in an effort to reduce my belongings. This is especially relevant now when I may be moving out of the country & don't want to take a lot of things with me. Once I know for sure when I'll be leaving Phoenix, I will have another yard sale at my house to get rid of the last remaining items.

House
I'm leaning towards foreclosing on the house or doing a short sale, but I won't decide for sure until I know what happens in Mexico. I'm going to a free seminar at Fiesta Inn on April 7th to find more out about my options. I've talked to lawyers, real estate agents, & people who have gone through their own foreclosures. They all say that I have a minimum of six months of non-payment before I have to leave the house.

Bankruptcy
I was considering filing bankruptcy, but the $2300 attorney's fee is prohibitive. Besides, a foreclosure will get me the same result, & I can still keep my credit cards. I haven't completely ruled out bankruptcy, though. I will always have the option of filing at a later date if I need to.

Right now, everything depends on what I find out while I'm in Mexico in April. Wherever I end up, I'll be sure to let everyone know so you can start planning your next vacation!

2 comments:

Gantry York said...

Well hopefully you will continue to blog so we can live vicariously through the Adventures of Nancy.

jleulate said...

Ok. what have you done with the pics you scanned in?? If you do not wish to keep them or if Don does not want them, please send them to me. I would love to hold on to them for you.