Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Great Weekend

This weekend I went with some of my students to Ninh Thuan, a seven-hour road trip from Bien Hoa. They were attending a conference where they were hoping to convince some of the top investors in Vietnam to develop tourism in the area.

On Friday morning, we all piled in the 15-passenger van & took the Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi highway north.

This is the main highway connecting the two biggest cities in Vietnam, a busy two-lane road. On the way, we passed small towns, rice fields & beautiful mountains.

In Ninh Thuan, we stayed at a new resort there. They said that we were the first guests to stay there. It was very posh.

Our room faced the pool area, & the ocean was just 100 yards away. While my friends attended the conference, I relaxed by the pool & read a book.

When they were finished with the conference, we went around the grounds of the resort taking photos. Taking photos in Vietnam means standing in front of various beautiful scenes while your friend takes your picture, & then switching to take photos of your friend in front of the same beautiful scene. Thus, I have lots & lots & lots of photos similar to the one above.

Unfortunately, my camera battery died before I could get photos of dinner, which consisted of snails & lizards & intestines, oh my.

What a great weekend!

No comments: