Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Friday, May 22, 2009

Fremont Saddle

Michelle & I went out to the Superstitions this morning to hike Peralta Trail.

When my dog Justice died in 2006, I took his ashes up to Fremont Saddle by way of Peralta. When his brother Otis died in 2008, I did the same thing. The hike is relatively short with beautiful scenery all the way up, & the saddle offers an amazing view of Weaver's Needle. It's the perfect spot for contemplation, & for spending time with the ones you love.

I wanted to visit Fremont Saddle before I leave for Vietnam, & invited Michelle to go with me. Dense fog & rain sprinkles surrounded us all morning. It was an enchanting reflection of my emotions, as I said goodbye to my two canine friends & their beautiful resting place.

No comments: