Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thermostat Wars 2

The Thermostat Wars have begun again. The roommate wants the thermostat down, I want it up. The problem is that we live in a split-level house, & the thermostat is on the middle floor. The roommate likes to set the thermostat at 76 degrees, but it's actually five degrees cooler downstairs, making my room a chilly 71. I wake up in the middle of the night freezing. On the other hand, it's five degrees warmer than what the thermostat says upstairs in his room, so he's suffering at a sweltering 81 degrees. No wonder this style of home is not popular in Arizona.

The good news is that I won't have to pay for all that air conditioning this year because I'm leaving Arizona & transferring the utilities to his name. This summer he can set the thermostat at any temperature he likes.

No comments: