Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Saturday, January 17, 2009

We Watch Short Shorts

I spent the afternoon today watching some short film submissions to the Phoenix Film Festival. One of the members of the Phoenix Independent, Foreign & Art House Film Club wanted some help determining whether or not to include today's films in the festival, so a group of us gathered around the television to watch & critique the shorts.

As would be expected, some of the films were good, some bad, some indifferent. But I certainly enjoyed the process. The conversation was excellent. We shared likes & dislikes, as well as insight into other films that various members have seen in the past.

This is the same group that held the Backyard Cinema event that I went to a couple of months ago, which I also liked very much. I look forward to the next gathering with this group.

1 comment:

michelle said...

backyard cinema sounds awesome! Especially if you're dressed properly =)