Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Friday, December 31, 2010

Things I've Learned 2010

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been a curious person, investigating my world to find out why things are the way they are. I'm the kind of person who learns best by doing. So when I decided that I wanted to know how the rest of the world lives, I just moved there.

I now live in Shanghai, China. I still can't believe it really. I live in China! With a billion Chinese people! Cool, huh?

Cooler still is that I've learned so much from my Global Experience in the last year. I've learned how to wash laundry by hand, & how best to hang it so it dries quickly. I've learned to speak a little bit of Chinese. I've learned to be okay with not understanding, even as I understand more & more. I've learned a lot about Chinese culture & how Chinese people view my culture. I've learned to go with the flow a little more, to let things happen as they may. I've learned that it's a very small world, & that we all have so much in common. & I've learned that I'm a writer with a story to tell.

What about you? What have you learned this year?

No comments: