Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Friday, December 10, 2010

Promoted!

I've just been promoted to Content Editor!

After taking a good look at where I'm going in my career, I started researching opportunities at my current school other than teaching. I really like working for EF, so I nosed around the back office until I got myself an interview with the content team. They were generous enough to offer me this new position & I couldn't be happier.

I'll be writing & editing course materials for the EF online learning system. After over ten years in the classroom, I'm going to take a break & sit at a desk for a while. I'll work Monday to Friday, 9 to 6 - a "normal" job. I don't think I've ever had a job like that in my life! It will take a little getting used to, but I'm looking forward to the change & the challenge.

The new job will extend my current contract for another six months, which means I'll be staying in Shanghai until July 2011. That should give my friends & family plenty of time to plan their vacations to China :)

4 comments:

scott said...

Sweet! Congratulations! Nice work! To bad about the 'normal' job thing though. Condolences! ;-)

Nancy Lewis said...

Ha ha! Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your lengthened stay in SH. Your Chinese will get so good if you steadfastly REFUSE TO MAKE WHITE FRIENDS. Remember, white people are THE DEVIL!! ;D

Nancy Lewis said...

Ha! You sound like the guy at Fluent in 3 Months, Chris :)
http://fluentin3months.com/