Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Monday, June 28, 2010

Job Interview

I'm an English teacher here in Shanghai. Every once in a while we get emails about job openings within the company.

A couple of weeks ago I got a notice about a Teacher Recruiter position. These are the people who interview potential teachers, lead them through the visa process once they're hired, & greet them when they finally make it to China. I thought maybe this would be a good opportunity to gain some experience in the ESL field beyond teaching. Plus, this could be my chance to get a more permanent foothold in the company. So I forwarded my resume to the department manager.

Last week I went for the initial interview. They asked me questions about how independently I can work, how I deal with criticism, & what questions I might ask when interviewing a potential teacher. Then they gave me a quiz. They gave me three resumes & asked me to make comments on whether I thought they would be good teachers for EF.

I'm not sure how well I did in the interview. I think I made a few mistakes, giving some answers that weren't the "right" ones. I guess we'll just wait & see what happens.

No comments: