Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Monday, June 14, 2010

Extra Work

I work for an English school here in Shanghai. The lessons that we use are created as Power Point presentations by the main office downtown & then are sent to all of the EF schools in China. The lessons often include recorded dialogs with native speakers talking about everything from their hobbies to the influence of Western culture in Asia.

Last week, the main office sent out an email requesting voice actors. Cool. I went downtown on my day off & spent an hour in the recording booth. They were recording for a business English class that day, so my lines were from a simulated board meeting: "Great. Let's move on to the next point on the agenda."

It was interesting to get a behind-the-scenes look at the lessons that I teach every day in class. Plus it's fun to think that, if they wind up using my voice, I'll be heard all over China.

1 comment:

scott said...

Wow famous! Remember those of us who knew you before!