Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Friday, July 31, 2009

I Found Boba!

My brother & sister-in-law introduced me to boba tea (or bubble tea) several years ago when I was visiting them in Los Angeles. I didn't like it at first. It was a little creepy to feel the big spheres of gummy tapioca shooting up at me through the over-sized straw. But after a few more tries, I learned to love it. Boba is fun!

I hadn't really thought about trying to find boba tea in Vietnam, but the other day my housemate Harley came to work with a cup of yummy-looking boba tea, complete with the gigantic boba straw. It turns out that there is a boba shop right across the street from our house: Happy Tea!

The menu was in three languages: Vietnamese, Chinese, & English. I got a tasty boba tea for 11,000 Dong (= US$0.60).

My peach-flavored boba tea, one of life's little pleasures.

2 comments:

michelle said...

I was just trying to remember that boba place we when to in Tempe... Where was that? The only one I know of now is on Dobson and Warner!!!
I love boba tea too!

Nancy Lewis said...

Mish: Last time I checked, Eba was on Broadway between Hardy & Priest on the north side.