Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weeds

I planted some red poppies last year from some seeds that my friend Michelle gave me. They came up tentatively then, so I was looking forward to seeing more of their red petals this year. But none came up. Then finally, on the other side of the driveway, a single poppy plant sprang up. I had one beautiful red poppy, then two, & more on the way. I was so happy to see them.

Then a couple of days ago I came home to find that the poppy plant was gone, torn from its roots by the neighbor's gardener.

2 comments:

Ken Hopes said...

Nice photo. It's currently my desktop background on my iMac.

The seeds I planted in my vegetable garden a week-and-a-half ago haven't emerged yet. I'm watering daily and remain hopefully optimistic.

Wendy said...

OMG, poor poppies...So sorry :(