Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Sunday, November 7, 2010

SMOG!


You may have noticed that I've been posting current photos of the view from my apartment at various times of the day on the left-hand side bar (<-- over there). If you are reading this post on Facebook or through an RSS feed, you can click here to go to my homepage to see the latest photo posted every couple of days.

Check out the one I took this morning. This is probably the worst smog I've seen since I arrived in Shanghai in January. Some people say that now that the World Expo is over, the government won't be cracking down so hard on the factories, & whatever semblance of clean air that we enjoyed over the summer will be a fond memory.

The Shanghai government lists the air quality records here. Notice that the day after the Expo closed (Oct 31), the stats for nasty chemicals in the air shot up from about 50 to over 150. Doesn't that make you feel good about driving that hybrid you just bought?

No comments: