Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Thursday, November 18, 2010

How to Be a Language Learning Role Model


I've just written a new post on the GO! Overseas blog about being a language learning role model for your students. Here's a quick peak:

In China, students see teachers as experts in their field, even if it’s obvious that they’re not. Many of my students tell me that their English teachers in high school told them to say X. Now I’m telling them to say Y, and they have a hard time reconciling the two, because even though their high school teacher is a non-native speaker, he or she is still a teacher – an expert. But you are an expert too, and most days what you say will trump any previous expert’s advice.

If you'd like to read the rest of the post & learn more about how teachers can motivate language students to study more, click here.

No comments: