Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Friday, December 19, 2008

I Heart My Mechanic!

My mechanic Rick is a god-send!

For the last few weeks, I've been debating on what I should do about my transportation situation.

My current car needed a new clutch, which the mechanic said would cost around $700 because it's a 4-wheel drive vehicle & it's super complicated to replace. I believe him because he's never ever steered me wrong - ever.

Then I got the insurance money for the bathroom situation. I was thinking that maybe if I saved enough on the bathroom remodel, I might have some money left over to buy a different car.

But then I thought that even if I did use the insurance money to buy a different car, I would only have about $2000 to spend, so I still wouldn't be able to get a decent car. Whatever car I would buy would probably just come with its own problems that needed fixing.

In the end, I decided that, at least with my current car, I know what's wrong with it, & $700 is a lot less than $2000.

So I took the car to the mechanic on Thursday, prepared to spend a hunk o' cash. I got there just before 7:00am, dropped off the car, & headed over to the nearest coffee shop to wait. At 11:00-ish, the mechanic called me to tell me that I didn't need a new clutch after all. I just needed a new cable, which turns out to be a lot less cash-ola.

At noon, I picked up my keys & paid my bill: $150.

I love my mechanic!

1 comment:

michelle said...

I love him too =) He's been my mechanic and really great friend for all of my driving life!