Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cheap DVDs

There is a DVD shop near my apartment that charges 10 yuan for a movie (about US$1.40). I'm told that's expensive, but I'm not willing to bargain for a lower price just yet. The shop offers a wide selection, from the classics to brand new films. I've already watched The Time Traveler's Wife & Creation.

Sometimes the features on the DVDs are not the same as what you would get in the States. If you click on Spanish subtitles, for example, you might get Chinese subtitles instead. The other day I bought a copy of Good Bye Lenin. I've been wanting to see it for a while now. But when I got it home I realized that it was in German with Polish subtitles. Bummer. I took it back to the shop the next day & they happily exchanged it for The Lovely Bones.

Looks like I'm going to do a lot of movie watching while I'm here in Shanghai.

No comments: