Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Sunday, September 6, 2009

All's Quiet at the Buddhist Temple

I went back to the Buddhist temple on the island today. I was looking forward to hanging out with the nuns & exchanging language lessons. Today, however, not many nuns were there. Perhaps it was because the Hungry Ghost Festival is over & they were resting up from the festivities.

The young man that I had met the last time I was there was waiting for me, though. He had brought his English dictionary & a notebook, & we spent a couple of hours practicing English, & I was able to add a few words to my growing Vietnamese vocabulary list.

An older nun sat down with us after lunch & spoke with my new study partner. He translated for me, saying that the nun wanted me to return next Sunday to hold a formal English class with some of the nuns. That should be fun.

No comments: