Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Date with Michael & Jimmy

I went to lunch with Michael & his friend Jimmy (Vuong) today. We ate at a Chinese restaurant near Michael's apartment. We had eaten there a couple of days ago & the owner remembered us. I tried out my rudimentary Mandarin on him, but couldn't understand a word of his response. Alas.

After lunch, we went to a very cool coffee shop where Michael & Jimmy both had pineapple smoothies & I tried another cup of sludge. It was even thicker than my cup of coffee yesterday, so it wasn't long before I again poured the gritty goo into my iced tea glass. Voilá, a yummy cup o' joe. It's okay, I can blame it on being a foreigner!

Coffee & smoothies down the hatch, we headed back to the Co-op Mart to buy more groceries. Tofu, bread, lotus root, chom chom fruit, a cucumber, an avocado (5,920 Dong = $0.33 - HA!), two oranges, & some jicama: $7.00

Then we said goodbye to Jimmy, & Michael dropped me off at my hotel. It was a great morning out!

No comments: