Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jam-Packed Fun-Filled Weekend

My weekend started on Friday, since it was the 5th Friday of the month. When a month has five Fridays, I take the 5th Friday for myself. Normally, I use the long weekend to go out of town, but I decided that, since The Economy is in the tank, it would be better to save my money. So I stayed home & had a really great weekend anyway.

I began Friday morning with my favorite yoga class with Barb at SWIHA in Tempe. I love this class because it's just beyond my ability level, making it just the right amount of challenging. Often, we'll do a series of positions that I'm familiar with, then suddenly Barb will say something like, "Now put your leg here!" I always try it (chuckling all the while), but don't always get my leg exactly there.


After yoga class, I spent the rest of the day at the movie theater, watching a total of three movies! See my Movie Blog for details.





On Saturday, I went out to the Superstitions to hike Flat Iron. The weather was perfect, yet again. What a great hike!





Saturday night, I went over to one of my students's house to watch an episode of Amor Mío, & try to type up the dialog in hopes of making a Spanish class out of it somehow.

On Sunday, I met with Juliana, my Chinese tutor. I'm slowly improving. We actually had a conversation in Chinese about my triple feature at the movie theater! One day I'll be able to discuss more profound topics, but for now, I'm happy I can understand anything at all.

Then I went to my friend Tracy's house to watch the Super Bowl. I'm not much of a sports fan, but this was a great game!

No comments: