Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Friday, September 17, 2010

Women Wandering Solo

You may have noticed some pretty cool guest posts lately written by women with experience traveling solo. The posts are part of a new series called Women Wandering Solo, which I'm hoping will encourage women (maybe you) who don't have travel partners to take a solo trip instead. 

Do you have a story you'd like to share?

Women Wandering Solo is open to both men & women writers. The story should focus on women traveling solo, & have a positive vibe so that women who are considering solo travel will feel more confident about doing it. However, I also think it's important to be honest about what traveling alone is really like, so that women who are going to take their first solo trip won't go unprepared. Your story could be a travel narrative, or a reflection on how you feel about traveling solo, or a 10-Things list. The topic is pretty open. Just try to keep it under 1000 words.

Please spread the word

If you know any women with experience traveling solo, please let them know that I'm looking for them! I'd love to include their stories here as well.

Featured Women Wandering Solo

I am thrilled to be able to include these stories here on Wandering Solo. Reading them gives me inspiration, & I hope it does the same for you.

I Never Liked Solo Travel Until... by Pat Gulliford
La Princesa Gitana by Sunny Jo Gardner
Living in Abu Dhabi by Elena Sevastiani
Solo in the Arctic by Wendy Quast-Minkus

No comments: