Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Exploring Bien Hoa

I decided to do a little bit of exploring around Bien Hoa today. I saw on the map that there were several pagodas on an island in the middle of the Dong Nai River & wanted to check it out.

I crossed the train bridge to the island...

... & found a beautiful pagoda there. It was very hot today, so I sat down in the shade to rest & cool off a bit. Soon several nuns came out & invited me to lunch. We exhausted our language abilities pretty early, & then just sat around giggling at each other for a while.

I took some photos of the pagoda, then I left to bike further down the road.

I went all the way to the end of the island & found a much more rural area there. There was a ferry at the end of the road: 1000 Dong (= $0.55) to get across. Maybe I'll hop on next time & see where it takes me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I looked at google earth. That ferry takes you to near about where we bought your bike. haha

Unknown said...

great photos :)