Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Monday, April 9, 2012

Top 5 Regrets

In the Guardian, this article talks about a new book written by a hospice care nurse in which she talks about the most common regrets that people have at the end of their lives.

I've read articles like this before. In fact, articles, books & documentaries on this theme are much of the inspiration for my vagabond lifestyle. I'm trying to take full advantage of my opportunities before they pass me by.

Of course I won't be able to experience everything that life has to offer, & I will always have some regrets - I think it's impossible to have a perfect life. But I can at least try to learn from those who have gone before me.

The top five regrets of the dying:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Read the original article here.

No comments: