Buy my photos!

Notecards for $2.40

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sunday Brunch

Over the weekend I met the Shanghai Dolls for Sunday Brunch at Mi Tierra, a Mexican restaurant here in Shanghai. The restaurant is in a beautiful three-storey building in the French Concession, an area of the city filled with gorgeous turn-of-the-century European architecture. Inside there is a sun-lit courtyard where they set up the brunch buffet. The owners are purported to be Mexican, but I didn't see any Mexicanos while I was there.

There were about 20 Dolls (or should I say Muñecas?) at brunch. We had a great time chatting & noshing on the buffet offerings, which included a few authentic Mexican dishes, like tamales & churros, as well as some China-fied dishes, such as tomato & egg in red chili sauce. Everything was yummy, especially the homemade salsas!

The buffet cost 145 RMB (about US $22), which is pretty typical for a Shanghai all-you-can-eat. Although the restaurant reviews aren't the greatest, I thought it was a nice brunch - the food was tasty & the service staff was attentive.

At one point, I asked the waiter, "¿Habla español?" He shook his head no. Then I asked, "Do you speak English?" -"Yes, of course!" he said. Silly me.

No comments: